- Bajaj Finance Q3FY22 Results: Consolidated PAT up 83% YoY to Rs 2,125 cr; AUM jump 26% to 181 ,250 cr - Key Highlights
- Delhivery gets Sebi's nod to raise Rs 7,460 crore via IPO
- Budget 2022 Expectations: 'Education sector seeks faculty upgradation programmes; subsidised access to laptops and 5G internet'
- Budget 2022: Fertiliser stocks on roll as government mulls to increase Rs 1.4 lakh crore subsidy; scrips gain up to 15%
- AGS Transact Tech IPO: Top 10 things to know before the issue opens on January 19
Punjab government employee? Big decision! This is what you must know
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Friday presented a Rs 1,54,805 crore budget in the state Assembly in Chandigarh.
Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal on Friday presented a Rs 1,54,805 crore budget in the state Assembly in Chandigarh. One of the major announcements was reducing government employees' retirement age from 60 to 58.
Reducing government employees' retirement age from 60 to 58, free education for all students up to Class 12 and a debt waiver for landless farmers were some of the major announcements made by Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal in the 2020-21 budget on Friday.
In a major announcement, Badal said the retirement age of government employees has been reduced from 60 to 58. "With this, we will be able to provide employment to three to four times the number of people who retire. We will also be able to get more talented pool of young people to serve Punjab," he later told reporters, as per PTI.
He said the number of employees who are going to be affected by this move was yet to be worked out and that the decision will be implemented in two phases.
"Those who have turned 59 will retire on March 31 this year and those who are 58 will retire from September 30," he added.
Currently, 3.50 lakh government employees are working in the state departments and the attrition rate is 5 to 9 per cent.
When asked about the financial implications, Badal said he was expecting that the financial outgo on account of reducing the retirement age would be Rs 3,500 crore.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.