PAN Card for Minor: How to apply for PAN for a child? Process explained
PAN Card For Child: A juvenile may apply for a PAN Card. As per the rules, there is no limit for filing ITR in India.
PAN Card For Child: A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a 10-digit unique identification alphanumeric number issued to each tax-paying citizen of the country. All tax-paying individuals, businesses, organisations and local governments are required to have a PAN card.
A juvenile may apply for a PAN Card. As per the rules, there is no limit for filing ITR in India. If a minor earns more than Rs 15,000 per month, then he/ she can also file ITR. It is very important to have a PAN card to file ITR. Hence, no specific age has been fixed by the Income Tax Department for obtaining a PAN card.
When does a Minor require a Pan Card?
- When you invest in the name of your child.
- You make your child the nominee of your investment.
- You want to open a bank account in the name of the child.
- -When the minor earns.
Also, read- Lumpsum Investment: What it is and how it works - Key things to know
Who may apply?
The application for making a minor's PAN card is made on behalf of his parents or whoever is the legal guardian. It is also the responsibility of the guardian to file an ITR on behalf of the child.
Since the PAN card issued in the name of a minor does not bear his photograph and signature, it cannot be used as identity proof. When the minor turns 18, he/she has to apply for a PAN card update.
PAN Application Process- How to apply?
Step 1: Visit the official website of NSDL
Step 2: Read the instructions carefully to fill Form 49A.
Step 3: Upload the minor's age certificate and other necessary documents including the photo of the parents. Upload the signatures of the parents only.
Step 4: Procced with the payment of Rs 107. Click on the Submit button. An acknowledgment number, which one can use to track the application status will be provided.
The PAN card will reach you within 15 days of its successful verification.
Documents required to apply for a Minor PAN Card
- Date of Birth (D.O.B) Proof of the minor
- Address proof and identity of the parents of the minor will be required.
- Proof of address and identity of the applicant is also required.
- As identity proof, the guardian of the minor can submit any one document out of Aadhaar card, ration card, passport, driving license.
- For address proof, a copy of Aadhaar card, post office passbook, property registration documents or original residence certificate will have to be submitted.
Click Here For Latest Updates On Stock Market | Zee Business Live
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.