This LIC scheme guarantees Rs 1 crore, Insurance benefits and more; Details here
LIC's offers both protection and savings to High Net-worth individuals (HNIs).
LIC's Jeevan Shiromani offers both protection and savings to High Net-worth individuals (HNIs). The non-linked plan comes with a minimum assured sum of Rs 1 crore. Sum assured is basically the guaranteed amount a customer receives from an insurer.
Jeevan Shiromani plan provides financial support for the family in case of unfortunate death of the policyholders during the policy term. Periodic payments are also made on the survival of the policyholder at specified durations during the policy term and a lump sum payment to the surviving policyholder at the time of maturity.
The plan also provides for payment of a lumpsum amount equal to 10% of the chosen Basic Sum Assured on the diagnosis of any of the specified Critical Illnesses.
The scheme also takes care of liquidity needs through loan facility.
Eligibility Conditions and Other Restriction :
- Minimum Basic Sum Assured: Rs. 100,00,000
- Maximum Basic Sum Assured: No limit (The Basic Sum Assured shall be in multiples of Rs. 500,000/-)
- Policy Term: 14, 16 , 18 and 20 years
- Premium Paying Term: (Policy term – 4) years
- Minimum Age at entry: 18 years (completed)
- Maximum Age at entry: 55 years (nearer birthday) for policy term 14 years; 51 years (nearer birthday) for policy term 16 years; 48 years (nearer birthday) for policy term 18 years; 45 years (nearest birthday) for policy term 20 years
- Maximum Age at Maturity: 69 years (nearer birthday) for policy term 14 years; 67 years (nearer birthday) for policy term 16 years; 66 years (nearer birthday) for policy term 18 years; 65 years (nearer birthday) for policy term 20 years; Premiums can be paid regularly at yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly intervals
Loan facility: A customer can get loan during the policy term provided the policy has acquired a surrender value and subject to the terms and conditions as the Corporation may specify from time to time. The interest rate applied for policy loan and as applicable for full term of the loan shall be determined at periodic intervals. For loan sanctioned in Financial Year 2017-18, the applicable interest rate is 9.5% p.a. payable half-yearly for entire loan term.
(All inputs from LIC policy documents: http://www.licindia.in/getattachment/Products/Insurance-Plan/Jeevan-Shir...)