- Vedanta to create $10 billion fund to bid for BPCL stake, other assets, Chairman Anil Agarwal says
- Bulk Deals: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala picks stake in Indiabulls Housing on Tuesday; buys stake from RARE Enterprises, company backed b
- 5G deployment in US becomes bone of contention between airlines, telecom companies AT&T and Verizon; Air India, Emirates cancel
- Manpower cost likely to increase in next 2 quarters: Virender Jeet, CEO, Newgen Software
- Toyota Kirloskar unveils Hilux; company likely to reveal price next month, delivery starts in April 2022
Hike in Hospital Package rates on the cards? Will this Impact your Group Insurance Premium Rates?
In the new year 2022, private hospitals are preparing to increase the treatment and package charges by up to 10%.
In the new year 2022, private hospitals are preparing to increase the treatment and package charges by up to 10%, which will also have an impact on your health insurance premium.
The increment in hospital charges will have a great impact on group insurance premiums that gets renewed every year and insurance companies will increase the group health premium as soon as the agreement with the hospitals is renewed.
For the increment in the premium of individual health policy, Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority's (IRDAI) approval is necessary but in the guise of increasing in the Corona claim, companies are also demanding to increase the premium in individual health policy.
Will health insurance be too expensive?
Here are the key pointers that you must read:
- Private Hospitals are preparing for the increment in the package rate by up to 10% in 2022
- Increase in hospital charges will have a greater impact on group insurance premiums
- Insurance companies will increase the group health premium as soon as the agreement with the hospitals is renewed
- Increase in individual health insurance premium possible only after approval of IRDAI
- Under the guise of Corona claim, most of the companies are demanding to increase the health policy premium from IRDAI
- Insurance companies have claims of Rs 25,000 crore rupees related to corona
- Some of the companies increased the premium and some prepared to increase
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.