What is UPI Lite? Know its top benefits for users, banks
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is being seen as a potent way to make low ticket payments faster and in a simpler way
Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is being seen as a potent way to make low ticket payments faster and in a simpler way. The service was launched by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das on Tuesday. UPI Lite is an on-device wallet feature that will allow users to make real-time small-value payments not exceeding Rs 200. The users will be able to make transactions without having the need to use UPI PIN.
Why is UPI Lite important?
- UPI Lite is likely to reduce the burden on the banking system.
World Bank estimates Indian economy to grow at 6.3% in FY24; predicts service sector activity to grow at 7.4%
AMFI rejig: IRFC, Polycab and Jio Financial Services among others may enter large-cap category, says Nuvama
IND vs NED Free Live Streaming: When and How to Watch India vs Netherlands ODI World Cup 2023 warm-up Match Live on Web, TV, mobile apps online
Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): Know how much return you will get on investment from Rs 1 to Rs 15 lakh in SCSS
- The number of failed transactions will likely get reduced.
- The transaction settlement cost is expected to come down
- The transaction details will not be reflected in bank accounts and passbook
- Bank Passbook / The statement will not have details of day-to-day small expenses.
- In all UPI transactions, over 50 per cent transactions are low ticket and less than Rs 200.
- UPI transaction will be possible even without internet.
- It will be possible to put up to Rs 2000 into the UPI Wallet.
- UPI Lite will allow transactions up to Rs 200.
- No pin will be required to execute transactions.
- If the ticket size of transaction is lower than Rs 200, the transaction will have to be done through UPI Lite
- There will be no charges on it and all banks will offer the facility
- With UPI Lite, the transaction could be made on another mobile number, through QR code or two another UPI Id.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.
ONGC, Oil India under pressure after Centre's windfall tax move; MGL, Gujarat Gas rise post-gas price hike
Maruti, Tata Motors, Eicher Motors: Auto shares trade mixed; what brokerages suggest ahead of festive season
Gold and Silver price today (October 3, 2023): Precious metal futures trade under pressure; Gold below Rs 57,000
Traders' Diary: Buy, sell or hold strategy on Jubilant FoodWorks, RVNL, LTIMindtree, Federal Bank, AU Small Finance Bank, other a dozen other stocks today
From Maruti Suzuki to Tata Motors: Here's how top auto makers fared in terms of sales in September 2023
IND vs NEP LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023 Quarterfinals Match Updates: Ruturaj Gaikwad-led India clash with Nepal in debut Asian Games match in Hangzhou