- Government formally handsover Air India to Tatas; new board to meet today, says Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran
- Sebi strengthens MF norms; winding up of schemes only after majority unitholders' consent
- Market is factoring 100 bps hike by US Fed in 2022; RBI likely to hike rates by June or August: Ashhish Vaidya of DBS Bank India
- Delhi weekend curfew lifted as COVID cases decline; night curfew will continue: DDMA
- Covid-19: Bharat Biotech's Covaxin, Serum Institute's Covishield vaccines get 'Conditional Market Authorization' approval form D
Indusind Bank's Hindujas welcome RBI move to up promoter holding to 26%
The Hindujas, who had earlier applied to RBI seeking to increase their holding in Indusind Bank, on Saturday welcomed the RBI move to allow promoter holding of up to 26 per cent in private sector lenders
The Hindujas, who had earlier applied to RBI seeking to increase their holding in Indusind Bank, on Saturday welcomed the RBI move to allow promoter holding of up to 26 per cent in private sector lenders.
IIHL Mauritius, the Hindujas' entity which is the promoter of IndusInd Bank, had applied to RBI to increase its holding to 26 per cent from the previous cap of 15 per cent, seeking parity after promoters of rival Kotak Mahindra Bank were given the permission to have their holding at 26 per cent after dragging the RBI to courts.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
"We believe this measure of increased promoter holding will be of benefit to all stakeholders: the regulator, the banking institution and its clients, particularly at this time when Indian economy is poised for exponential growth," Ashok Hinduja, the chairman of IIHL, said.
The RBI on Friday came out with revised guidelines on private sector banks, allowing for 26 per cent promoter ownership but did not go ahead with an internal working group's recommendation to allow corporates to promote banks after protests from various quarters including former governors.
Hinduja said IIHL now awaits operational guidelines as it gives the promoters an opportunity to inject capital to increase stake up to 26 per cent.
The increased promoter holding will lead to enhanced financial strength of the bank and its clients will be protected, he added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.