Indian Railways integrates Rail Madad Helpline number 139 for all type of queries, complaints /assistance during travel
In a major development, Indian Railway has integrated all railway helplines into single number 139 (Rail Madad Helpline) for grievance redressal and enquiry during the journey.
In a major development, Indian Railway has integrated all railway helplines into single number 139 (Rail Madad Helpline) for grievance redressal and enquiry during the journey. As the new helpline number 139 will take over all the existing helpline numbers, it will be easy for the passengers to remember this number and connect with Railways for all their needs during the travel.
Various Railway grievances helplines were discontinued last year. Now, Helpline no. 182 would also be discontinued from 1.4.21, and merged into 139.
The Helpline 139 will be available in twelve languages. Passengers can opt for IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System), or directly connect to call-centre executive by pressing * (asterisk) . There is no need of a smart phone to call on 139, thus, providing easy access to all mobile users.
It may be noted that on an average basis 139 helpline receives enquiry 3,44,513 calls / sms per day.
Menu of 139 Helpline (IVRS) is as under:
• For security & medical assistance, passenger has to press 1, which connects immediately to a call center executive
• For enquiry, passenger has to press 2 and in the sub menu, information regarding pnr status, arrival/departure of the train, accommodation, fare enquiry, ticket booking, system ticket cancellation, wake up alarm facility/destination alert, wheel chair booking, meal booking can be obtained.
• For general complaints, passenger has to press 4
• For vigilance related complaints, passenger has to press 5
• For Parcel & goods related queries, passenger has to press 6
• For IRCTC operated trains queries, passenger has to press 7
• For status of complaints, passenger has to press 9
• For talking to call center executive, passenger has to press *( asterisk)
Ministry of Railways has also launched Social Media campaign #OneRailOneHelpline139 to inform and educate the passengers.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.