Delhi-Kotdwar special train flagged off! Check timings, stoppages and other details
In a major development, the Union Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal has flagged off Kotdwar-Delhi Junction-Kotdwar Siddhabali Jan Shatabdi Special train.
In a major development, the Union Minister of Railways Piyush Goyal has flagged off Kotdwar-Delhi Junction-Kotdwar Siddhabali Jan Shatabdi Special train. Speaking on the occasion, Piyush Goyal expressed his gratitude to the hard-working railway employees who served the country during pandemic by supplying medicines, coal and other necessary essential items.
Delhi-Kotdwar special train: Benefits
- The train will connect Kotdwar with Delhi and bring socio economic development in the Uttarakhand
- Pilgrims visiting Siddhabali temple shall be benefitted with improved connectivity
Delhi-Kotdwar special train: This train is being run as “Inaugural Special Train”
About Delhi-Kotdwar special train
- The Train no. 04047 Kotdwar -Delhi Siddhabali Jan Shatabdi Express Daily Special train shall depart from Kotdwar at 15.50 hrs and shall reach Delhi Jn. at 22.20 hrs daily.
- The Train no. 04048 Delhi Jn.- Kotdwar Siddhabali Jan Shatabdi Express train shall depart from Delhi at 07.00 hrs and shall reach Kotdwar at 13.40 hrs daily.
- This train has LHB Coaches which includes AC Chaircar, Chair Car coaches & two Generator coaches. It shall have stoppages at Najibabad Jn., Muazzampur Narain Jn., Bijnor, Haldaur, Chand Siau, Mandi Dhanaura, Gajraula, Hapur, Ghaziabad enroute in both directions.
Further, speaking on the occasion, Goyal informed that Kotdwar-Delhi route electrification is almost complete, only 15 km stretch is pending which is expected to be completed by this month. After this, trains on electric traction will ply from Kotdwar to Delhi. It will also save the environment.
Going forward all the trains will run on electric traction in entire Uttarakhand. This will ensure net zero carbon emission and protection of environment in the State.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.