Connecting India, Uniting India! Check Full List of Statue of Unity, Kevadiya trains names, frequency, origin, destination railway stations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on flagged off 8 new trains from various destinations to Kevadiya through video conferencing.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on flagged off 8 new trains from various destinations to Kevadiya through video conferencing. These trains will facilitate seamless connectivity to the Statue of Unity. PM Narendra Modi said that perhaps for the first time in the history of Railways trains have been flagged off for the same destinations from different corners of the country. He explained that this is because of the importance of Kevadiya as home to Statue of Unity and Sardar Sarovar.
Here are details and FULL LIST of trains connecting Kevadiya to Eastern, Western, Northern, Central & Southern parts of India are as below:
In addition to the above 8 trains which are being flagged off, the following trains will also commence their services:-
- Express trains are being run with LHB coaches. Janshatabdi Express has been provided with latest
- “Vistadome tourist coach”, which is first time on Indian Railways. This coach will provide a panoramic view of the skyline.
- IRCTC has also doled out a basket of economical tour packages to cater tourists to the Statue of Unity as well as to experience the wonders of vibrant Gujarat.
- Also, a Budget Hotel with a capacity of 500 rooms is being constructed by IRCTC near Kevadiya station for the convenience of tourists.
Salient Features of Kevadiya station
-Kevadiya Railway Station has been registered with the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for being India's First Railway Station to be certified as Green Building by IGBC ever since inception of construction
-LED lights and star rated branded electrical appliances will save electricity.
- Water management through rain water harvesting, sewage treatment plant, eco-waterless urinals and drip irrigation.
-The segregated green waste at source will be reused to produce fertilizer and reduce waste
- First 2 levels have passenger facilities such as AC Waiting rooms & VVIP Lounge.
-The 3rd level houses a viewing gallery from which tourists can have a good view of Statue of Unity & a tribal art gallery is also being developed here
- A 12 feet tall replica of 'Statue of Unity' is installed at the prime location of station circulating area. It is also designed by the same sculptor Shri Ram V. Sutar who designed & created the Statute of Unity.
- The surrounding area has vast parking space, landscaping, thematic park, solar light poles, wide traffic way, horticulture plants, thematic park with selfie zone, food courts & children's play area.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.