- Banks tighten intraday funding for brokers; cost of institutional trades goes up: Sources
- Dalal Street Corner: Investors poorer by more than 6lakh cr; what should investors do on Friday
- Indonesia set to lift ban on palm oil exports - What we know so far
- Stock market falls over 6% in one month! Is it the right time to be greedy?
- Maruti to invest Rs 18000 cr in Sonipat plant to roll out 10 lakh units per annum in 8 years
Aadhaar: SC bans ID linking to banks, schools, telcos, CBSE, NEET, UGC
Updated: September 26, 2018 14:16 pm
The Supreme Court Wednesday declared the Centre's flagship Aadhaar scheme as Constitutionally valid. The apex court's five-judge Constitution bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra said Aadhaar is meant to help benefits reach the marginalised sections of the society and takes into account the dignity of people not only from personal but also from community point of view. The top court said Aadhaar is serving much bigger public interest and Aadhaar means unique and it is better to be unique than being best.