UP MLC Election 2020 Result: Historic performance by BJP! FULL LIST OF WINNERS - NAMES, SEATS of BJP, SP and Independent candidates
UP MLC Election 2020 Result: The results of all the seats of UP MLC Election 2020 have been declared. The polls were held for 11 seats of the teachers and graduates' constituencies of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council.
UP MLC Election 2020 Result: The results of all the seats of UP MLC Election 2020 have been declared. The polls were held for 11 seats of the teachers and graduates' constituencies of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council. Here is who bagged what and FULL LIST OF WINNERS with NAMES, SEATS of BJP, SP and independent candidates:-
-Total seats: 11
BJP: 6 seats
Samajwadi Party (SP): 3 seats
Independent candidates: 2 seats
-Graduates' constituency seats 5: BJP 3, SP 2
-Teachers' constituency seats 6: BJP 3, Independents 2, SP 1
- Out of the five graduates' constituency seats in the Council, the BJP won three and the SP two, while out of the six teachers' constituency seats, the BJP bagged three, the SP one and independents two.
- BJP's Avanish Kumar Singh bagged the Lucknow graduates' constituency seat on Sunday
- The two other graduates' constituency seats that BJP bagged was those of Agra, won by Dr Manvendra Pratap Singh 'Guruji' and of Meerut won by Dinesh Kumar Goyal.
- The two seats that the Samajwadi Party bagged out of them are those of Varanasi and Allahabad-Jhansi divisions, won respectively by Ashutosh Sinha and Dr Maan Singh Yadav.
- Both the SP candidates bagged the seats divesting them from the BJP, while the BJP's 'Guruji' won the Agra seat from the SP and Goyal by defeating four-time, sitting independent MLC Hem Singh Pundir.
- Teachers' constituency seats 6: BJP 3, Independents 2, SP 1
- In results declared earlier on Friday for the six teachers' constituency seats, three were bagged by the BJP, two by independents and one by the Samajwadi Party.
- BJP's Umesh Dwivedi, Shrishchandra Sharma and Hari Singh Dhillon were declared winners from Lucknow, Meerut and Bareilly-Moradabad teachers' constituencies respectively.
- SP candidate Lal Bihari Yadav won from Varanasi teachers' constituency and independents Akash Agarwal and Dhruv Kumar Tripathi won Agra and Faizabad teachers' constituencies respectively.
- In the Teachers' constituency, BJP's Umesh Dwivedi had won from Lucknow, while last time, he had registered a win as an independent candidate.
- In Meerut, BJP snatched the seat from MLC Om Prakash Sharma of Shikshak Dal.
- In Bareilly-Moradabad teachers' constituency, the BJP won the seat after defeating the SP.
- In Varanasi teachers' constituency, SP's Lal Bihari Yadav defeated sitting MLC (independent) Chet Narayan Singh.
- In Agra Teachers' constituency independent candidate Akash Agarwal defeated another independent candidate Jagveer Kishor Jain.
- In the Gorakhpur-Faizabad teachers' constituency, independent candidate Dhruv Kumar Tripathi retained his seat.
UP Legislative Council Elections 2020
- Polling was held on Tuesday for 11 Legislative Council seats -- five reserved for the graduates and six for teachers seats with their electors only being graduates and teachers respectively.
-The BJP, SP, Congress and teachers' associations contested the polls, with 199 candidates in the fray. The BSP had not contested the polls.
- The term of office of the MLCs from these constituencies had expired on May 6.
- Following the declaration of the results for the 11 legislative council seats, the tally of BJP in the 100-member Upper House of the state rose to 25 from 19, SP's to 55 from 52 and independents to four from two.
-The Bahujan Samaj Party, which did not field any candidate for the polls, has eight MLC, the Congress two, Apna Dal (Sonelal) one and Sikshak Dal two. There are still three vacancies in the House.
Reacting to the party's performance in the polls, UP BJP chief Swatantra Dev Singh said, "In the teachers' constituencies, three out of 4 candidates fielded by the BJP won. The BJP contested this polls for the first time." "This has been a historic performance for the BJP. In the Graduates' constituency, the BJP won three seats," he added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.