- Independence Day 2022 Celebrations: HIGHLIGHTS - KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES, BIG STATEMENTS
- PM Narendra Modi's Panchpran - 15th August - five pledges that will make India a developed nation in 25 years
- Independence Day 2022: What PM Modi said on launch of 5G mobile services in his I-Day speech
- Independence Day 2022: PM Modi dons white turban with Tricolour stripes in tune with Har Ghar Tiranga | PICS
- Dividend stocks, bonus share, stock split: IRCTC, Info Edge, BPCL among 17 shares to remain in focus this week |Full list
Under Modi 2.0, PMO lists work distribution after Nripendra Misra exit
It is believed that the powerful ACC had been taken away from Nripendra Misra in the second innings of PM Modi and that could have been one of the reasons for his departure.
With a new PMO taking shape under Prime Minister Modi, given that Principal Secretary Nripendra Misra has demitted office, the allocation of duties and work distribution has been firmed up. Both the new Principal Secretary P.K. Mishra and NSA Ajit Doval continue to have Cabinet rank.
P.K. Mishra will be looking after policy issues and matters related to ministries of personnel, public grievances and pensions, law and justice, appointments committee of the Cabinet and other appointments, Cabinet Secretariat, listing of Cabinet items, anti corruption unit, PMO establishment and of course all important policy issues and matters. It is believed that the powerful ACC had been taken away from Nripendra Misra in the second innings of PM Modi and that could have been one of the reasons for his departure.
The hierarchy has also been delineated -- NSA is now number two in the pecking order - he will have responsibility over policies and matters except appointments relating to ministries of external affairs, overseas Indian affairs, defence, space, atomic emergency, NSCN and RAW/RAS. Further all policies and matters relating to NSCS, National Authority for chemical weapons will be under him. As also all matters relating to national security.
The new Principal Advisor to PM P.K. Sinha, erstwhile Cabinet Secretary will look at policy issues and matters relating to al ministries/ departments/ agencies/ bodies except those specifically allocated to Principal Secretary to PM and NSA.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.