- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Take a look at six of 10 most valued firms that added over Rs 31,500 crore in m-cap
The combined market valuation of six of the 10 most valued firms surged by Rs 31,645.83 crore last week, with HDFC Bank emerging as the biggest gainer.
Others on the gainers' list were ITC, Maruti Suzuki, HDFC, Infosys and ONGC. However, Reliance Industries (RIL), TCS, HUL and SBI suffered losses in their market capitalisation (m-cap) for the week ended Friday.
The valuation of HDFC Bank surged Rs 8,566.49 crore to Rs 4,84,757.35 crore.
HDFC's m-cap jumped Rs 7,338.91 crore to Rs 2,75,147.96 crore and that of Infosys climbed Rs 5,030.42 crore to Rs 2,35,085.78 crore.
The valuation of Maruti Suzuki rose by Rs 3,720.12 crore to Rs 2,76,826.17 crore and that of ITC advanced Rs 3,717.41 crore to Rs 3,22,682.82 crore.
ONGC's mcap went up by Rs 3,272.48 crore to Rs 2,34,655.71 crore.
In contrast, the valuation of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) skidded by Rs 10,174.44 crore to Rs 4,87,731.76 crore.
RIL suffered an erosion of Rs 624.67 crore in market valuation to Rs 5,82,618.99 crore and that of SBI fell by Rs 345.28 crore to Rs 2,69,967.48 crore.
The m-cap of Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) declined by Rs 335.49 crore to Rs 2,86,825.88 crore.
In the ranking of top-10 firms, RIL stood at number one position, followed by TCS, HDFC Bank, ITC, HUL, Maruti, HDFC, State Bank of India (SBI), Infosys and ONGC.
Over the last week, the Sensex notched up a significant gain of 212.67 points, or 0.63 per cent. The broader Nifty was up 67.60 points, or 0.65 per cent.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.