- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Sensex ends slightly higher; 10-year bonds fall
Sensex edged higher for an eighth consecutive session on Monday as private lenders such as Axis Bank extended gains, although sentiment was broadly cautious ahead of economic data due later this week.
Meanwhile, benchmark 10-year bond yields were up 5 bps points at 7.05 percent amid some disappointment after Standard & Poor`s stuck with its "BBB-minus" sovereign rating for India, declining to follow Moody`s recent decision to upgrade the country`s rating.
The broader NSE Nifty closed up 0.09 percent at 10,399.55, after earlier falling as much as 0.5 percent. The benchmark BSE Sensex ended 0.13 percent higher at 33,724.44, after earlier falling as much as 0.4 percent.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.