- 8 years of 'Make in India'! Annual FDI nearly doubles to $83 billion since inception of the campaign | Details
- Stock Market Triggers: RBI Policy, F&O expiry, global cues to drive market next week; what should investors do?
- Harsha Engineers IPO listing date: Shares to make debut on NSE, BSE on Monday; what to expect from listing?
- Moonlighting row: Days when employees signed up with tech majors and spent lives on jobs are long gone- Rajeev Chandrasekhar
- FIIs turn net sellers in cash market in September; expert cites reasons
Sensex drops 85 points on profit booking
The benchmark BSE Sensex fell by 85 points in early session today as power, PSU, metal and oil & gas, FMCG and banking stocks retreated after participants booked profits.
The 30-share index fell by 85.12 points or 0.25 % to 33,639.32 in early trading. The gauge had garnered 964 points in the previous eight sessions.
The broader Nifty of NSE dropped by 17.30 points or 0.17 % to 10,382.25.
Apart from profit booking by participants in recent gainers, sustained foreign fund outflows dampened the sentiment, brokers said.
NTPC, ONGC, Power Grid, ICICI Bank, ITC Ltd, L&T, Dr Reddy's, Reliance Industries, Bharti Airtel, Infosys, SBI and Coal India fell up to 1.67 %.
Meanwhile, foreign funds sold shares worth Rs 424.77 crore yesterday, the provisional exchange data showed.
In the Asian region, Japan's Nikkei rose 0.17 %, while Shanghai Composite Index shed 0.49 % and Hong Kong's Hang fell 0.65 % in early deals.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.10 % higher yesterday.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.