PM Modi replies on Motion of Thanks in Rajya Sabha Highlights: 'Oppon doesn't have courage to take me on' - Top 10 PM Modi Quotes in Parliament
PM Modi replies on Motion of Thanks in Rajya Sabha Highlights: Prime Minister Narendra Modi while speaking on the motion of thanks in the Rajya Sabha on Thursday hit back at the Congress saying other than providing lip-service, it did nothing for the people but in the past 9 years, the BJP has opened 48 crore Jan Dhan accounts across the country.
Top 10 quotes of PM Modi
1) Targeting Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge, who had launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister and his government over the Adani issue on Wednesday, PM Modi said: "Khargeji complains that I visit Kalaburagi too often. He should see the work done there. As many as 1.70 crore Jan Dhan bank accounts have been opened in Karnataka, including over 8 lakh in Kalaburagi.
2) "In the last 3-4 years, around 11 crore houses have got tap water connections. For the empowerment of common people, we started the Jan Dhan account movement. In the last 9 years, 48 crore Jan Dhan accounts were opened across the country."
3) "When I became the Prime Minister in 2014, I saw that the Congress had created problems and issues everywhere, even though they wanted to create a strong foundation for India's overall development."
4) Commenting upon Congress's slogan on poverty, PM Modi continued, "They (Congress) used to say 'Gareebi Hatao' but did nothing for over 4 decades. As against them, we work hard to meet the expectations and aspirations of the people of the country. Our priority is the common public, and this is the reason we made LPG connections available to 25 crore families in the country."
5) Underlining the need for self-reliance in the defence sector the prime minister said that the government has worked with this mission in this sector so much so that the country is now exporting equipment nearly worth Rs 1 lakh crore.
6) While addressing the Rajya Sabha during the Motion of Thanks to the President's Address, the prime minister hit out at the Congress party over the issue of employment and said that attempts are being made to spread falsehood.
7) "Employment was also discussed here. I am surprised that those who claim to have been in public life for the longest time do not know that there is a difference between a job and employment. Those who do not understand the difference preach to us. Attempts are being made to spread falsehood by talking about half-baked things to create new narratives," PM Modi said.
8) Mentioning his government's effort to stride towards a green economy, the Prime Minister saod that the possibilities of green jobs are increasing in the country.
9) "In the past nine years, with the expansion of the economy, new opportunities have come up in new sectors. The way the country is moving forward towards a green economy, the possibilities of green jobs are increasing. Digital India is at a new height in the service sector. The 90,000 registered startups have also opened new doors for employment. More than 60 lakh new employees have benefited from Aatmanirbhar Bharat Yojana. We have opened various sectors through this Yojana," he said.
10) Putting forward the data in the defence sector, the Prime Minister said that over 350 private companies have come up in this sector creating employment opportunities.
IRCTC Dividend 2023: Massive 175% Dividend announced - Check amount, record and payment date
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.