- Independence Day 2022 Celebrations: HIGHLIGHTS - KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES, BIG STATEMENTS
- PM Narendra Modi's Panchpran - 15th August - five pledges that will make India a developed nation in 25 years
- Independence Day 2022: What PM Modi said on launch of 5G mobile services in his I-Day speech
- Independence Day 2022: PM Modi dons white turban with Tricolour stripes in tune with Har Ghar Tiranga | PICS
- Dividend stocks, bonus share, stock split: IRCTC, Info Edge, BPCL among 17 shares to remain in focus this week |Full list
Mumbai Metro tie-up with Instamojo for card payments
'Instamojo' is the technology partner facilitating this cashless initiative where there is no need for point-of-sale (POS) terminal, or installing any payment apps on the commuter's smartphone.
Reliance Infrastructure promoted Mumbai Metro One on Wednesday announced a tie-up with payment gateway 'Instamojo' to enable card payments aimed at boosting cashless travel.
Accordingly, the 4.50 lakh commuters of Mumbai Metro One can now pay for their tickets by debit/credit cards for all kinds of ticketing products like single journey token or return journey token.
'Instamojo' is the technology partner facilitating this cashless initiative where there is no need for point-of-sale (POS) terminal, or installing any payment apps on the commuter's smartphone, making it an Electronic Point of Sale, said an official spokesperson for Mumbai Metro One Pvt. Ltd. (MMOPL).
Commuters can scan the static QR code or type the URL at any Metro ticket counters, enter the debit/credit card details, make the payment for tickets or recharge smart cards and travel.
The biggest advantage is that the control of payment lies with the commuter as there is no need to hand-over the card to anybody for swiping and the payments can be made by the commuter before or after coming to a ticket counter, and show the confirmation SMS to get the ticket.
Since launch in June 2014, Mumbai Metro One has implemented various technological innovations for ticketing ease and seamless travel experience for the commuters on the Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor, said the spokesperson.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.