LIVE: Goa Zilla Panchayat (ZP) Election Results 2020: BIG WIN FOR BJP, wins 27 seats; Congress is leading in just 3, AAP fails to open account
Goa Zilla Panchayat (ZP) Election Results 2020: The counting process for Goa Zilla Panchayat (ZP) Election Results 2020 is underway. Out of 50 ZP constituencies, polling did not take place in two. This was the first election in Goa since the coronavirus pandemic began. Here are all the LIVE UPDATES on Goa Zilla Panchayat (ZP) Election Results 2020:-
- Goa Zilla Panchayat (ZP) Election Results 2020 LIVE: Latest trends - LEADS/WIN - Counting underway
-BJP has won 27 of the 48
-Congress was leading in only three
-AAP could not even open its account
Our win in string of polls because of farmers' support: BJP
-Citing its win in the Goa zilla panchayat polls, the BJP on Monday asserted that its spate of recent victories in a number of elections across the country would not have been possible without the help of farmers and the poor.
- While the opposition has been spreading confusion over the ongoing farmers' protest, the BJP will dismantle their claim scientifically using poll data, its spokesperson Sambit Patra told a press conference to claim popular support for Prime Minister Narendra Modi over a host of issues, including agri reforms and COVID-19 crisis.
- The BJP has won 27 of the 48 zilla panchayats in Goa and could pocket up to 31 seats, he said, adding that the Congress was leading in only three while the AAP could not even open its account.
- The BJP has won the Bihar assembly polls, assembly bypolls across the country and local polls in states like Rajasthan, Assam and Goa, he noted.
- Counting is on from 8 am at 15 notified centres across the state.
- Polling was cancelled in Navelim due to the death of a candidate, while in Sancoale, the BJP candidate won unopposed.
- The BJP, Congress and AAP have officially fielded their panels for the elections being fought on party symbols.
-A low 56.82 per cent voter turn- out was recorded in Goa Zilla Panchayat Elections 2020 held in 48 constituencies.
- The Goa State Election Commission (SEC) said there was 58.43 per cent voting in North Goa district and 55 per cent in South Goa district.
- A total of 2,27,916 male and 2,21,972 women voters exercised their franchise
- "Polling in all 48 ZP constituencies have been held successfully in well-organised and peaceful manner in all 1,187 polling booths," the SEC spokesperson said.
- A total of 7,91,814 voters -- 3,85,222 males and 4,06,592 women - were entitled to vote.
- For coronavirus-positive voters, the slot between 5 pm to 6 pm had been reserved.
- Altogether 31 coronavirus positive persons voted in PPE kits: 15 in North Goa and 16 in South Goa.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.