- Oil & Gas sector set for sharp earnings drop in Q2 amid lower GRMs, other factors; what brokerage recommends on IGL, BPCL, IOCL
- Redmi Pad Unboxing, first look in PICS: Check price in India, colour options, specs and availability
- No charge for RuPay credit card use on UPI for transaction up to THIS amount, confirms NPCI
- Stocks to Buy in October: SBI Cards, Airtel among 5 stocks that may yield up to 29% returns
- PM Modi inaugurates Rs 1470-cr AIIMS Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh; to lay foundation for projects worth Rs 3650 cr soon
Investors just lost whopping Rs 1.67 lakh cr in only 1 day!
Investors' wealth Friday eroded by Rs 1.67 lakh crore following a sharp sell-off in the broader market where the BSE index plummeted nearly 425 points.
The 30-share Sensex cracked 424.61 points, or 1.15 per cent, to close at 36,546.48.
Following the weak sentiment, the market capitalisation of BSE- listed companies dropped Rs 1,67,594.92 crore to Rs 1,41,07,190.48 crore.
"Market slid as renewed worries over global trade and profit booking in the domestic market after the solid performance in the last one week due to interim budget and RBI policy," Vinod Nair, head of research, Geojit Financial Services Ltd said.
From the 30-share pack, 25 stocks ended with losses where Tata Motors took the steepest hit of 17.28 per cent.
Sectorally, the BSE metal index plunged 3.42 per cent, while the auto gauge shed 3.37 per cent.
On the BSE, 1,616 stocks declined and 923 advanced, while 111 remained unchanged.
Also, 321 stocks hit their 52-week low.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.