- Independence Day 2022 Celebrations: HIGHLIGHTS - KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES, BIG STATEMENTS
- PM Narendra Modi's Panchpran - 15th August - five pledges that will make India a developed nation in 25 years
- Independence Day 2022: What PM Modi said on launch of 5G mobile services in his I-Day speech
- Independence Day 2022: PM Modi dons white turban with Tricolour stripes in tune with Har Ghar Tiranga | PICS
- Dividend stocks, bonus share, stock split: IRCTC, Info Edge, BPCL among 17 shares to remain in focus this week |Full list
India Volatility Index cools sharply as NDA returns to power
India VIX at NSE closed at 19.40 down from just a shade less than 30 over Wednesday's closing.
The India Volatility Index (India VIX) cooled off sharply to 19.40 on Thursday from its 3-year-high of over 29 after poll results gave a clear trend of NDA coming back to power with a thumping victory. India VIX at NSE closed at 19.40 down from just a shade less than 30 over Wednesday's closing.
"If we observe last few day's movements, we can clearly see this index marching at elevated levels of 28-29. Today, we saw VIX cooling off significantly to reach at sub-20 levels. Going ahead, we may see the index oscillating in its lower band of 17-20," Angel Broking chief analyst (technical and derivatives) Sameet Chavan told PTI.
India VIX, the fear gauge for domestic equities, had been hovering at its 3-year-high for the last one month over political uncertainities and high crude.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.