- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Huge investment opportunities for ASEAN companies in India: CR Chaudhary
India has relaxed several laws and regulations under its Make in India initiative to attract investments, he said here at the fourth India-ASEAN Expo and Summit 2019.
There are huge opportunities for south east Asian companies to increase investments in India in areas such as medical devices, fishing and ship-building, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry C R Chaudhary said Friday. To enhance economic cooperation between the two regions, companies from India and Association of south east Asian nations (ASEAN) can also form joint ventures and set up entities to start manufacturing here, he said, adding that increasing trade and investment is critical for both regions as each side hold huge potential
India has relaxed several laws and regulations under its Make in India initiative to attract investments, he said here at the fourth India-ASEAN Expo and Summit 2019. "I would like to request the ASEAN companies to enhance increasing cooperation in MSME sector. We can increase investments in various sectors like airlines, fishing and ship building.
Watch This Zee Business Video
We need medical devices and apparatus, and ASEAN companies can get an opportunity in this area," he said. Further, the minister said that both sides need to think and discuss areas where trade can be enhanced.
Although the bilateral trade between the regions have increased to USD 82.33 billion in 2017-18 from USD 21 billion in 2005-06, "the pace of growth is not up to the mark," he added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.