- Atal Pension Yojana rule change: Big setback for taxpayers - know how it will impact your savings
- Home loans, EMIs to get more expensive: Now, this PSU bank hikes interest rates by .20%
- Mask mandatory in Delhi as Covid-19 cases rise again: Check new rules and penalty
- US inflation data: Break on 40-year peak, global markets rally - key highlights
- Microsoft layoffs 2022: IT giant sacks around 200 more employees as recession fears rise
Great step by Yogi Adityanath: UP CM, ministers to pay their own income tax
Uttar Pradesh`s Yogi Adityanath government on Friday decided to scrap the decades-old law where the state government paid the income tax of all its ministers.
Uttar Pradesh`s Yogi Adityanath government on Friday decided to scrap the decades-old law where the state government paid the income tax of all its ministers. Announcing the decision, state Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna said the ministers will now pay their own income tax.
"As per directions from Adityanathji, all ministers will now pay their own income taxes. He has said that the state will move to end the provision," he said. The existence of a four-decade-old law that makes the Uttar Pradesh government pay the income tax of all ministers has come as a shocker to many on Friday. However, some political leaders said that they never knew about the law.
According to the UP government officials, the Uttar Pradesh Ministers` Salaries, Allowances and Miscellaneous Act, 1981 provided that the Chief Minister and his council of ministers do not have to pay their income tax.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.