G20 Summit 2023: Which minister will receive which world leader? See full list
Around 40 world leaders and a large number of delegates, including representatives from international organisations, are expected to take part in the G20 summit to be held at Bharat Mandapam convention centre.
As New Delhi gears up to host the 18th G20 Summit scheduled to take place on September 9 and 10, guests and delegates have started arriving in the national capital. The two-day high-profile event will be attended by world leaders like United States President Joe Biden, UK PM Rishi Sunak, Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, French President Emmanuel Macron, Republic of Korea President Yoon Suk Yeol, Japanese PM Fumio Kishida, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, Germany Chancellor Olaf Scholz, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, among others. While a few leaders, like Nigerian President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, have already reached Delhi many others are scheduled to arrive today and tomorrow.
Notably, around 40 world leaders and a large number of delegates, including representatives from international organisations, are expected to take part in the G20 summit.
GST collection rises to Rs 1.67,929 lakh crore in November, records highest growth rate of 15% Y-o-Y
Any unfavourable Lok Sabha election outcome to pressurise fiscal deficit & currency: JM Financial MF's Gurvinder Singh Wasan
According to reports, a list of Union ministers tasked with welcoming world leaders attending the G20 summit has been prepared. During the Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared his suggestions with Union ministers on receiving the leaders arriving for the G20 summit.
Among the assigned tasks, Union Ministers have also been given the responsibility to receive the world leaders upon their arrival in Delhi.
Let's check the list of ministers who have been tasked to receive G20 guests.
Who will receive whom? Check complete list
- US President Joe Biden is expected to arrive at 6.55 PM (tentative time) on Friday, September 8, and will be received by Minister of State for Civil Aviation VK Singh.
- UK PM Rishi Sunak, who is scheduled to arrive at 1.40 PM in Delhi, will be received by Minister of State for Consumer Affairs Ashwini Kumar Choubey.
- Japan PM Fumio Kishida will also be received by Minister Choubey on Friday at 2.15 PM.
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina will be received by Minister of State for Railways Darshana Jardosh on Friday at 12.30 PM.
- Australian PM Anthony Albanese will be received by Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrasekhar on Friday at 6.15 PM.
- French President Emmanuel Macron who is scheduled to arrive in New Delhi at 12.35 PM on Saturday will be received by Minister of State for Commerce and Industry Anupriya Patel.
Among a few other leaders, Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni will be received by Minister of State for Agriculture Shobha Karadlaje on Friday at 6:20 PM, while Chinese Premier Li Qiang will also be received by Minister VK Singh on Friday. German Chancellor Olaf Scholz will be received by Minister of State for MSME Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma on Saturday morning, while UAE President HH Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan will be received by Minister of State for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai on Friday evening.