- Market ends with marginal cuts this week; FMCG gains, Consumer Durables decline—What should investors do on Monday?
- Investors with short term view must book profits now; import duty hike, rupee weakness may arrest price correction, temporarily
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Maruti Suzuki, Ashok Leyland: What makes brokerages bullish on these auto stocks?
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
For first time, IAF all-woman crew flies Mi-17 chopper
In yet another achievement by women officers, an all-woman crew on Monday flew a medium-lift helicopter for the first time in India, the Indian Air Force (IAF) said.
In yet another achievement by women officers, an all-woman crew on Monday flew a medium-lift helicopter for the first time in India, the Indian Air Force (IAF) said. The crew, comprising Flight Lieutenant Parul Bhardwaj (Captain), Flying Officer Aman Nidhi (co-pilot) and Flight Lieutenant Hina Jaiswal (flight engineer), flew a Mi-17 V5 helicopter for a Battle Inoculation Training Mission, taking off and landing from restricted areas at a forward air base in the South Western Air Command.
Flight Lieutenant Bhardwaj hails from Mukerian in Punjab and is incidentally also the first woman pilot to fly the Mi-17 V5. Flying Officer Nidhi hails from Ranchi and is also the first woman IAF pilot from Jharkhand while Flying Officer Jaiswal hails from Chandigarh and is the first woman Flight Engineer of the IAF.
The pilots had undergone basic flight training at the Helicopter Training School at Air Force Station, Hakimpet followed by advanced training at Air Force Station, Yelahanka.
The helicopter was certified airworthy by Squadron Leader Richa Adhikari, the unit engineering officer.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.