- Stock Markets on Monday: FII selling, US market corrections remain a pain point for domestic equities; Anil Singhvi gives trigge
- Even as US markets fell, Nasdaq gets into deeper correction; sees 10% drop from November highs and worst week since 2020
- ICICI Bank Q3FY22 net profit rises 19% to Rs 6,536 cr
- Budget 2022 Expectations: USD14 bn warehousing industry ready with its wishlist ahead of budget
- Mutual Fund in 2021: Equity outperforms Fixed Deposit, gold loses sheen while debt schemes least favoured by millennials
Centre congratulates Bengal for becoming revenue surplus
The Central government has congratulated the West Bengal government as the state has become revenue surplus in March, officials said.
In a recent communication to state Chief Secretary Malay De, Union Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia said: "As far as West Bengal is concerned, the revenue gap has come down from 33.4 per cent in August to (-) 3 per cent in March. The revenue shortfall in West Bengal has been coming down steadily but there seems to have been a spike of a major gain in March where suddenly your revenue deficit has now become revenue surplus."
"I would like to congratulate West Bengal for such a performance. We do hope that the trend will continue in future months also," he wrote.
Adhia also mentioned the performance of Goods and Services Tax (GST) collection is improving with some ups and downs.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.