- Nifty breaches key support level on Friday – Will market continue to see correction in upcoming week? Know what analysts say
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to officially roll out 5G services in India on October 1
- Rupee ‘held back very well’ among peers against USD; RBI & Finance Ministry watching developments, says Sitharaman
- S Jaishankar at UNGA: India on side of those respecting UN Charter and its founding principles
- BPCL signs pact with Brazil's Petrobras to diversify crude oil sourcing
Central Bank of India narrows loss to Rs 718 cr in Q3
Asset quality of the bank further deteriorated as gross non-performing assets (NPAs) grew to 20.64 per cent of gross advances during the December quarter, as against 18.08 per cent in the year-ago period.
Central Bank of India on Friday reported a loss of Rs 718.23 crore for the third quarter ended December 2018 against that of Rs 1,664.22 crore in the October-December quarter of previous fiscal.
Its total income decreased to Rs 6,329.17 crore during the quarter under review, as against Rs 6,589.32 crore in the year-ago period, the bank said in a regulatory filing.
Asset quality of the bank further deteriorated as gross non-performing assets (NPAs) grew to 20.64 per cent of gross advances during the December quarter, as against 18.08 per cent in the year-ago period. Net NPAs also increased at 10.32 of advances from 9.45 per cent a year ago.
However, the provisioning for bad loans and contingencies on net basis was at Rs 1,818.85 crore during the quarter, down from Rs 3,427.03 crore a year ago.
The provision for bad loans also declined to Rs 2,039.19 crore against Rs 3,081.56 crore in the same period a year ago.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.