Big step by IRCTC for easy and quick refunds - PNR linking explained in simple manner
It must have happened with you many times that you missed your second or connecting train as the first train was running late.
It must have happened with you many times that you missed your second or connecting train as the first train was running late. Now, no need to worry as you can get your money back under IRCTC's new initiative that allows passengers to link PNRs for connecting trains and thereby enabling easy and quick refunds.
Here is step by step guide explaining the process linking two PNRs for quick and easy refund from IRCTC:-
- An option "Connecting journey booking" is provided under main menu ‘TRAINS’
- Find train for journey.
- Check the accommodation availability in train on train list Page.
- On click of ‘Book Now’ Button, Input of Connecting PNR is required.
- User need to input the eligible counter ticket or PNR booked with same user ID for which connecting Journey ticket to be booked.
- Input PNR would be checked and if eligible for connecting Journey booking, the Passenger details of the Input PNR would be auto populated for booking the ticket.
Note:- If connecting journey is being booked against counter ticket, then OTP verification would be done before fetching passenger details.
Things to keep in mind: Salient features
1. Journey terminating station (or principal station) of main journey should match with Journey
originating station/Boarding station)(or principal station) of connecting journey.
2. PNR From station and boarding station should be same and PNR To station and reserved upto should be same.
3. Passenger details including name is both PNRs should be same. Name/age/gender changes shall not be allowed for connected PNRs.
4. Only Confirm/Part Confirm ticket is allowed for connecting journey ticket booking.
5. Day difference between main journey and connecting journey should not be more than 5 days.
6. Two PNRs can be linked. The one having first journey lap will be Main Journey PNR and the later one will be Connected Journey PNR.
7. To link PRS Counter ticket with eTicket, Counter Ticket must have mobile number. For such case, OTP (for authentication) will be sent on PRS Counter ticket mobile number.
8. On Partial cancellation of any connected PNR, it will be de-linked.
9. TQ/PT/FT Quota ticket or current booking PNR is not allowed for connecting journey ticket booking.
10. Minimum and maximum difference of time between scheduled arrival at destination of main journey and scheduled departure at boarding of connecting Journey is 1 minute and 5 days respectively.
11. Modification of journey is not allowed for connected PNRs.
12. Boarding station change is not allowed for connected PNRs
13. VIKALP Option is not allowed on connected journey ticket.
14. Loyalty accrual booking for connecting journey is not allowed.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.