Ahmedabad-Mumbai Tejas Express: Wow! See full list of amazing features, facilities of this premium train
The second premium Tejas Express train is ready to run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai.
The second premium Tejas Express train is ready to run between Ahmedabad and Mumbai. The inaugural run of this second Tejas Train will be flagged off from Ahmedabad on 17th January, 2020. The commercial run of the train will start with effect from 19th January, 2020 from Ahmedabad.
"This will be yet another step of the Ministry of Railways in its endeavour to improve the overall travelling experience to rail passengers by providing state of the art facilities," a statement by PIB said.
"The train to be operated by IRCTC which also operates the first Tejas Train, shall be equipped with all modern facilities on board for ensuring a high level of comfort to the passengers," the statement added.
To start with, this fully air-conditioned train shall have two Executive Class Chair Cars having 56 seats each and Eight Chair Cars having capacity of 78 seats each.
The total carrying capacity of the train will be 736 passengers.
This Tejas Train will have scheduled commercial halts at Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali. The train will run on all days of the week except Thursday.
Salient features of the train are as under:
- Complimentary On board infotainment services will be available in IRCTC trains to the passengers.
High quality food and beverages will be provided to the passengers on board in the train and included in the ticket fare.
- Service in the train will be done through trolleys similar to airlines. Each coach will be provided with RO water filter in addition to the packaged drinking water bottle for each passenger.
- All passengers travelling on IRCTC train will be provided with Rail Travel Insurance of up to Rs. 25 Lakhs, free of cost by IRCTC. This complimentary travel insurance also includes an exclusive coverage of Rs. 1 lakh against household theft / robbery during the travel period of the passengers.
- Besides, this special feature, in a first of its own, IRCTC will also pay a compensation of Rs. 100/- in case the train during its run, is delayed by more than one hour and Rs. 250/- in case of delay of more than two hours to every passenger as compensation.
- In case of cancellation of train, automatic full refund of full fare on confirmed and /or waitlisted e-tickets will be made. There will be no need of cancelling the ticket or filing TDR in such case.
- There will be no tatkal quota or premium tatkal quota in the train.
- There will be only General Quota and Foreign Tourist Quota.
-Foreign Tourist Quota of 6 seats in EC and 12 seats in CC will be available for Foreign Tourists.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.