- Independence Day 2022 Celebrations: HIGHLIGHTS - KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES, BIG STATEMENTS
- PM Narendra Modi's Panchpran - 15th August - five pledges that will make India a developed nation in 25 years
- Independence Day 2022: What PM Modi said on launch of 5G mobile services in his I-Day speech
- Independence Day 2022: PM Modi dons white turban with Tricolour stripes in tune with Har Ghar Tiranga | PICS
- Dividend stocks, bonus share, stock split: IRCTC, Info Edge, BPCL among 17 shares to remain in focus this week |Full list
2,772 gifts to PM Narendra Modi up for grabs via e-auction; money to be used for Namami Gange Project
The auction will end on October 3 after getting kick started on September 14. Some of the gifts are as low as of Rs 200 and while the most valuable gift is priced at Rs 2.5 lakh.
A total of 2,772 gift items received by Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be put under the hammer from September 14 and the proceeds from the auction will be used in Namami Gange Project. The Culture Minister Prahlad Patel said on Wednesday that these gift items received by Modi over last six months will be put under e-auction at a dedicated portal www.pmmementos.gov.in to keep transparency.
The auction will end on October 3 after getting kick started on September 14. Some of the gifts are as low as of Rs 200 and while the most valuable gift is priced at Rs 2.5 lakh. The auction will take place based on these prices set.
From idols of Lord Hanuman and Lord Ganesha to as much as 576 shawls will be auctioned. A whopping 964 angavastram, 88 pagris that he was presented at various official events can now be procured. National Gallery of Modern Art in New Delhi has held a display of these items.
Watch Zee Business Live TV
This is not the first time Modi has offered his gifts for auction. In January this year 1,900 such gifts were also put up for auction. A statue of Gautam Buddha, which had a base price of Rs 4,000 fetched Rs 7 lakh back in January.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.