- Service charge on food bills: Big development from Delhi HC - No stay on guidelines prohibiting hotels, restaurants
- Fixed Depsit Interest Rate: Check latest FD rates of HDFC Bank, SBI, Kotak Mahindra Bank, PNB, ICICI Bank, BoB, IOB, Ujjivan
- Operation Demat Daka Big Impact: 4 out of 5 victims of demat account hacking receive compensation; Anil Singhvi lauds them for t
- Indian Railways to shut 300 ticket counters this year, to make IRCTC server robust
- India’s first electric double-decker bus Switch EiV22 unveiled | PHOTOS
Uber to start speedboat services in Mumbai from February 1
Hoping to tap waterways transportation in the country`s commercial capital, Maharashtra Maritime Board (MMB) has partnered with Uber to launch UberBOAT from February 1, a senior Uber official said here on Wednesday. This will be Uber`s second global launch of UberBOAT. In June 2017, UberBOAT launched a similar service for tourists in Croatia who wish to explore the picturesque local islands.
The on-demand speedboat service in Mumbai will provide transportation from three top coastal points - Gateway of India, Elephanta Islands, and Mandwa Jetty - as a pilot project. Riders can access two variants of speedboats based on seating capacity - 6-8 seater UberBOAT for Rs 5,700 per one-way ride and a 10-plus seater UberBOAT-XL at Rs 9,500 per one-way ride - depending on their requirements, said the official.
Aiming to transform into a multi-modal transportation platform, UberBOAT will enable Mumbai riders to request a speedboat through the Uber app for an efficient and convenient waterway commute, said Uber India & South Asia Head of Cities Prabhjeet Singh.
He added the company will tap the vast potential of Mumbai island`s waterways transport system, starting with specific routes, and enable boat operators to enhance their earnings through Uber. Mumbai Port Trust Chairman Sanjay Bhatia said the vision is to make Mumbai as the sea transport and tourism hub of India in collaboration with the MMB in which UberBOAT will play a pivotal role by improving connectivity.
All UberBOATs will be equipped with best safety features, emergency numbers, and a safety manual.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.