- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Transasia announces Rs 50 cr expansion plan in Sikkim unit
Leading in-vitro diagnostics firm Transasia Bio-Medicals Ltd Thursday announced a Rs 50 crore investment for the expansion of its manufacturing facility in Sikkim.
Leading in-vitro diagnostics firm Transasia Bio-Medicals Ltd Thursday announced a Rs 50 crore investment for the expansion of its manufacturing facility in Sikkim. The Sikkim plant is the company's fourth and largest manufacturing facility in the country. The other three units are in Mumbai, Daman and Baddi. It is also the first diagnostics manufacturing plant in the Northeast.
"Sikkim is fast becoming a major hub for healthcare manufacturing with 14 major players already there. Transasia's new facility will further reinforce this besides providing employment to the local people," Transasia Chairman & Managing Director Suresh Vazirani said. The expansion will significantly enhance Transasia's capacity to cater to the growing Indian and overseas market demands.
It will be able to produce 6000 plus instruments including the complete range of semi-automated analysers, in a month. Transasia boasts as the first Indian company to manufacture and export blood analysers and reagents, in the 1990s.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.