- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
Torrent Power Q4 net down 88 pc at Rs 25.80 cr
Torrent Power's total income rose slightly to Rs 2,964.65 crore in the March quarter from Rs 2,909.12 crore a year ago. The company's consolidated net profit for 2018-19 also dipped to Rs 903.83 crore from Rs 952.12 crore in the previous fiscal.
Torrent Power Wednesday reported over 88 per cent fall in its consolidated net profit at Rs 25.80 crore for the quarter ended March 2019.
The company's consolidated net profit in the year-ago period stood at Rs 221.25 crore, it said in a statement.
Torrent Power's total income rose slightly to Rs 2,964.65 crore in the March quarter from Rs 2,909.12 crore a year ago.
The company's consolidated net profit for 2018-19 also dipped to Rs 903.83 crore from Rs 952.12 crore in the previous fiscal.
However, its total income in 2018-19 increased to Rs 13,340.56 crore from Rs 11,775.64 crore in the previous fiscal.
The company's board also recommended a final dividend of Rs 5 per equity share of Rs 10 each.
The board also approved issuance of non-convertible debentures up to Rs 1,500 crore in one or more tranches by way of private placement, subject to approval of shareholders in the 15th Annual General Meeting, the company said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.