ITC Q4 highlights: Net profit to FMCG revenue, know the big numbers
Diversified group ITC announced its Q4 result today. While it made for quite a few talking points, the highlight was the elevation of its MD Sanjiv Puri as the new Chairman and Managing Director.
Diversified group ITC announced its Q4 result today. While it made for quite a few talking points, the highlight was the elevation of its MD Sanjiv Puri as the new Chairman and Managing Director. Puri's elevation comes after noted industry leader and erstwhile ITC Chairman Y C Deveshwar passed away Saturday morning after a brief illness. Deveshwar (72) had stepped down from executive role in 2017 but remained as a chairman in non-executive capacity. ITC reported a 18.72 per cent increase in standalone net profit to Rs 3,481.9 crore for the fourth quarter ended March 31, 2019.
Here are 5 highlights from the postings:
1. Net profit: ITC posted a net profit of Rs 2,932.71 crore in January-March period a year ago.
Mukka Proteins IPO allotment today: How to check allotment status online on BSE, Cameo Corporate Services
Platinum Industries IPO Listing LIVE Updates: Shares to debut on Dalal Street today - Check Anil Singhvi's View
Gold and Silver rate today (March 5, 2024): Precious metals trade in red; Yellow metal below Rs 63,350; white metal below Rs 73,450
Exicom Tele-Systems IPO Listing LIVE Updates: Shares expected to make strong debut - Check Anil Singhvi's view
Suzlon Energy dips nearly 5%, Inox Wind hits lower circuit after ministry's order on reverse auctions
2. Revenue from FMCG: Revenue from total FMCG business, including cigarettes, stood at Rs 8,759.84 crore in January-March 2019, as against Rs 7,988.29 crore in the corresponding quarter previous fiscal.
3. Revenue from cigarette business: During the quarter, revenue from cigarettes was Rs 5,485.92 crore. It was Rs 4,936.45 crore in the fourth quarter of 2017-18.
4. Dividend: The Board of the company also recommended a dividend of Rs 5.75 per share for the fiscal ended March 31, 2019.
5. Total income: The total income during the quarter under review rose 14.26 per cent stood to Rs 12,946.21 crore, compared to Rs 11,329.74 crore in the same period last fiscal.
04:37 PM IST