- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Irdai asks insurers to inform policyholders via SMSes on receipt of premium from January
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India ( Irdai ) said the order is being issued to enhance the policyholder protection and information.
Insurance sector regulator Irdai has asked all the insurers to inform policyholders through messages on receipt of premium from January 1, aimed at protecting the interest of consumers.
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) said the order is being issued to enhance the policyholder protection and information.
Wherever the mobile phone number of the policyholder is available in policy records with the insurer, the receipt of premium by the insurer under a policy shall be immediately informed to the concerned policyholder on his mobile phone number by an automatic SMS generated by the system, it said in the order.
Also, in case of new contracts, it may be ensured that the correct mobile phone number is captured to ensure SMS is sent on receipt of premium by the insurer.
Watch Zee Business Tweet Video here:
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) December 14, 2018
"All Insurers shall put in place systems and procedures to ensure the above intimation to policyholders. The above guidelines shall be effective from 1st January 2019," Irdai said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.