- Residential demand upbeat despite construction cost, interest rate rise; brokerage picks DLF, Oberoi Realty among top 4 bets
- Copper Set to Post Worst Quarterly Performance in Over 2 Years
- Maruti Suzuki Brezza 2022: Launch today! Check key highlights; live streaming link here
- Nothing Phone 1 confirmed to come with Snapdragon 778G+ SoC on July 12 - Know more
- Ratnamani Metals bonus share: Stock jumps 15%, hits 52-week high ahead of record date
Facebook's cryptocurrency-based payments system gets big backers
Facebook Inc has enlisted more than a dozen companies including Visa Inc, Mastercard Inc, PayPal Holdings Inc and Uber Technologies Inc to back its new cryptocurrency, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Facebook Inc has enlisted more than a dozen companies including Visa Inc, Mastercard Inc, PayPal Holdings Inc and Uber Technologies Inc to back its new cryptocurrency, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.
Each company will invest around $10 million in a consortium that will govern the cryptocurrency, the WSJ reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
The money will fund the creation of the coin, which will be pegged to a basket of government-issued currencies, the report said.
Facebook, Mastercard, Paypal, Visa and Uber did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.