- Atal Pension Yojana rule change: Big setback for taxpayers - know how it will impact your savings
- Home loans, EMIs to get more expensive: Now, this PSU bank hikes interest rates by .20%
- Mask mandatory in Delhi as Covid-19 cases rise again: Check new rules and penalty
- US inflation data: Break on 40-year peak, global markets rally - key highlights
- Microsoft layoffs 2022: IT giant sacks around 200 more employees as recession fears rise
CFM International wins 600 Jet engine order from IndiGo
Engine maker CFM International is poised to announce one of the world`s largest jet engine orders with a deal for more than 600 engines from India`s IndiGo, industry sources said.
Engine maker CFM International is poised to announce one of the world`s largest jet engine orders with a deal for more than 600 engines from India`s IndiGo, industry sources said. The French-U.S. engine maker, owned by General Electric and France`s Safran, has been competing with the airline`s existing engine supplier, Pratt & Whitney, to provide the power for 280 twin-engine A320-family jetliners already on order from Airbus by the Delhi-based budget carrier.
The airline has selected CFM for the order, which is expected to rise above 600 engines including spares, the sources said. It was unclear if this includes previous options.
The two sides are putting finishing touches to the deal in time for an announcement at next week`s Paris Airshow, they added. CFM International and IndiGo declined to comment.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.