- Stock Market Outlook: Our dependence on US market limited now, next 10-15 years belong to India, says Anil Singhvi | Here's why
- Toyota Hyryder Unveiled: Toyota India unveils new self-charging hybrid electric SUV in India; check details
- Virtual Digital Assets: VDAs to attract 1% TDS from today; know what CBDT says about new norms
- Gold Price Today: Yellow metal surges by over Rs 1000 as excise duty hiked to 12.5% - check gold rate in your city
- Monsoon session of Parliament to begin on July 18; to end on August 12
Ashok Leyland bags order for 400 minibuses worth Rs 80 cr from Senegal
"Ashok Leyland has signed a contract for supplying 400 units of Ashok Leyland Eagle 916 minibuses valuing 10.06 million euros. This order comes after the successful operation of 475 buses to Senegal's Dakar Dem Dikk," it said.
Hinduja flagship firm Ashok Leyland Thursday said it has bagged an order from Senegal, an African nation, to supply 400 minibuses worth 10.06 million euros (about Rs 80 crore). This order comes from Senbus Industries, a company assembling urban buses in Dakar, the Senegalese Capital, Ashok Leyland said in a statement. "Ashok Leyland has signed a contract for supplying 400 units of Ashok Leyland Eagle 916 minibuses valuing 10.06 million euros. This order comes after the successful operation of 475 buses to Senegal's Dakar Dem Dikk," it said.
Dakar will start receiving buses towards the end of June this year. This project will provide mobility solutions to the country by expanding reach and covering the remote areas through AFTU, a leading private bus association of operator groups that run buses extensively across Senegal. "This order will be a starting phase to connect rural remote areas of Senegal to urban cities and to promote sustainable mobility," Ashok Leyland Vice President (Project 81 Defence Sales, International Operations) Arijit Dutta Chowdhury said.
This will further empower the private transport sector in Senegal under AFTU, he added. As part of the order agreement, Ashok Leyland will supply Senbus Industries with semi knocked down buses and collaborate on assembling them locally in Senegal.
The Eagle 916 buses are Euro III emission norms compliant and have undergone extensive road product trials with various customers in Africa, Ashok Leyland said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.