MG Hector: 'Hello MG' - Amazing things to know about this SUV's 10.4-inch HD Touch Screen infotainment system
Certainly, there is one thing which has become a talking point of MG Hector and it's its infotainment system. With internet inside, the next-gen iSMART technology in the Hector comes with with the biggest HD touchscreen in its segment at 10.4 inches. Here is all you need to know about the infotainment system that SUV MG Hector carries in it:-
British automaker MG (Morris Garages) Motor recently unveiled its upcoming SUV Hector. Tagged as India’s first internet car with 50+ connected features, Hector is India’s first 48V hybrid SUV which comes equipped with 19 exclusive features. Certainly, there is one thing which has become a talking point of MG Hector and it's its infotainment system. With internet inside, the next-gen iSMART technology in the Hector comes with with the biggest HD touchscreen in its segment at 10.4 inches. Here is all you need to know about the infotainment system that SUV MG Hector carries in it:-
- M2M EMBEDDED SIM: M2M (Machine to Machine) embedded 5G-ready SIM with Internet protocol version 6 (IPV6)
- OVER-THE-AIR (OTA) UPDATES: New software and entertainment content updated over the air
- REMOTE VEHICLE CONTROL: Controls functions remotely like ignition on/off, AC switch on/switch off, sunroof, tailgate and door lock/unlock with your mobile app
-NAVIGATION: Online Navigation with live traffic updates for a faster, smoother drive
- VOICE ASSISTANT: Over 100 + Voice Commands activated by saying “Hello MG”, for hands-free control
- PRELOADED ENTERTAINMENT CONTENT: Entertainment content preloaded in your car’s Head Unit
- PREMIUM ACCOUNT: Endless music of your choice with a built-in Gaana Premium account
- E-CALL: Self-initiated Emergency Call sends a message and location to the 24/7 Pulse Hub if airbags are deployed and the Pulse Hub calls the car and owner for immediate assistance
-KNOW YOUR VEHICLE STATUS: Scans car for a status check before every journey or anytime you want
- GEOFENCING: Get instant alerts if the car leaves the safe perimeter preset by you
- SMART DRIVE: Driver analytics - harsh braking, running idle, drive time, routes taken etc. easily available on the screen
- FIND MY CAR: Finds car’s location and the shortest route to it on your app
Hector is slated for launch next month.
The MG Motor India, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of China's SAIC Motor Corp, plans to expand its portfolio in India to four products, including an electric SUV by next year-end.
MG Hector is expected to compete in the Rs 12-25 lakh vehicle segment.
MG Motor India has invested Rs 2,200 crores so far to rebuild the Halol (Gujarat) manufacturing facility and to roll out the Hector. MG’s Halol plant currently has a production capacity of 80,000 units per annum.
The Hector will be available in both petrol and diesel engines, right from its launch next month. The 1.5 litre turbo-charged petrol engine delivers 143 PS power at a peak torque of 250 Nm and will be available in both manual and automatic transmissions. Its 2.0 litre diesel engine will deliver 170 PS at a peak torque of 350 Nm.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.