HERO MAESTRO EDGE 125: India's 1st scooter with FI technology launched - Will this take edge over others?
HERO MAESTRO EDGE 125: The FI variant of the scooter is priced at Rs 62,700* while the i3S (Carb) variants are priced at Rs. 58,500* (Drum) and Rs. 60,000* (Disc). Hero MotoCorp will commence the retail sales of the scooter over the next few weeks.
Augmenting its strategy in the scooter segment, Hero MotoCorp on Monday launched India's 1st scooter with Fuel-Injection (FI) technology. And, the product is - Hero Maestro Edge 125. The scooter has been launched for customers in India and across its global markets. "Following its successful foray in the 125cc scooter segment with Destini 125, Hero MotoCorp today launched India’s first scooter with Fuel Injection (FI) technology – the Maestro Edge 125," the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer said.
The FI variant of the scooter is priced at Rs 62,700* while the i3S (Carb) variants are priced at Rs. 58,500* (Drum) and Rs. 60,000* (Disc). Hero MotoCorp will commence the retail sales of the scooter over the next few weeks.
"Maestro Edge 125 is targeted at rapidly growing Hero MotoCorp’s presence in the scooter segment," Hero MotoCorp added.
Maestro Edge 125: Top things to know - Variants, features, engine
- The scooter comes in two variants - the FI variant and an i3S (Carb) variant.
- It is the first and only scooter in the country to have the Fuel Injection 9FI) technology.
- Its engine produces a power output of 9.1 bhp @7000 rpm and maximum torque of 10.2Nm @5000 rpm
- Best-in-class Power to Weight ratio, as per Hero MotoCorp
- The i3S (Carb) variant that comes with a 125cc Energy Boost Engine, produces power output of 8.7 bhp @6750 rpm and maximum torque of 10.2 Nm @5000 rpm - while featuring Hero’s i3S (Idle-stop-start system) for higher efficiency.
- LED Signature, diamond-cut Cast Wheels, textured Seats, sharp Front Cover & Apron, sleek Rear Cowl, signature LED tail-lamp and frost Winkers
External fuel filling, mobile charging port, boot lamp, remote key opening, side stand indicator, service due reminder and digital-analog meter.
- Maestro Edge 125 FI comes in two colour combinations -- Pearl White with Brown inner panel & Astro Gold front forks and Panther Black with a sporty Red inner panel
- Maestro Edge 125 i3S (Carb) variant is available in an all Matt colour palette – Matt Blue, Matt Red, Matt Brown and Matt Vernier Grey
Recently, Hero MotoCorp had launched its X range of motorcycles – XPulse 200, XPulse 200T and Xtreme 200S.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.