- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Confirmed! Kona to be 1st electric SUV of Hyundai in India | Coming in July - What we know so far
Hyundai during the launch of SUV Venue, Hyundai had said that it is targeting the leadership position in the compact SUV segment. Now, just a few days after VENUE launch, it's been confirmed that the carmaker's first electric SUV for India will be launched in July this year, and it's named Kona.
Hyundai during the launch of SUV Venue, Hyundai had said that it is targeting the leadership position in the compact SUV segment. Now, just a few days after VENUE launch, it's been confirmed that the carmaker's first electric SUV for India will be launched in July this year, and it's named Kona. Here is what we know so far:-
- Hyundai will drive in its first electric vehicle 'Kona' SUV into India in July
- Earlier, Hyundai had announced plans to launch its first electric vehicle in a completely knock-down (CKD) form
- It would be assembled at HMIL's manufacturing plant in Chennai
Hyundai on May 21 had launched its compact SUV Venue. Through this compact SUV, the South Korean auto giant had forayed into the high-selling compact SUV segment three engine options -- 1.0 litre turbo and 1.2 litre petrol powertrains besides 1.4 litre diesel engine. Hyundai Venue has been launched with an introductory price range of Rs 6.5-11.1 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Hyundai Venue has been tagged as India's first connected car based on the company's BlueLink technology equipped with 33 artificial intelligence and connected features, of which 10 have been specially designed for the Indian market.
Hyundai has invested USD 100 million (over Rs 690 crore) in four years to develop Venue.
Hyundai Venue is receiving a positive response from car lovers. Within days of launch, Hyundai Venue has garnered over 17,000 bookings and over 80,000 interest-to-purchase indications from potential buyers. "Hyundai has received an overwhelming response for its recently launched SUV Venue. With over 17,000 bookings and over 80,000 interest-to-purchase indications, Hyundai Venue gets a clear and positive verdict from the Indian customers as one of the most desired SUV in its segment. "Venue brings new excitement and cheer to the Indian Automobile Industry as Hyundai witness highest ever footfall at many of its dealerships across India," the company said in a statement.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.