- E: Independence Day 2022 - PM Modi Speech From Red Fort - Watch Streaming | KNOW TOP POINTS, IMPORTANT QUOTES
- FIIs buy shares worth Rs 3,040 cr on August 12, highest this month; net purchase at Rs 14,841.66 crore
- Independence Day Special: How investment habits, preferences of people have changed over the past 75 years
- Money Guru: As India gears up for 75th Independence Day celebration, where should you invest for benefit in New India? Expert de
- 31 new malls coming soon in India: Set to spawn massive jobs, employment opportunities
ASDC Partner’s Forum 2019: Who all attended? What all discussed? Details of Automotive Skills Development Council meet
With an objective to discuss, share knowledge and understand the opportunity to provide quality training with credible assessments and certification, Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) on Thursday organised ASDC Partner’s Forum 2019 in New Delhi.
With an objective to discuss, share knowledge and understand the opportunity to provide quality training with credible assessments and certification, Automotive Skills Development Council (ASDC) on Thursday organised ASDC Partner’s Forum 2019 in New Delhi. The event focused on overview of current scenario at the skilling industry, best practices prevalent in this sector, along with challenges and relevant suggestions. Here are highlights of the event and the key details of what discussed during the day-long session:-
- The speakers highlighted partnership between ASDC and TCS iON which is aiming to address the challenges through Digital Transformation
- Digitisation is taking place in five key areas which are end-to-end ASDC skilling ecosystem, skilling and upskilling of workforce in the automotive system, and will be enabled through TCS iON Digital Learning, Digitized Automotive Skill Assessment Process, Digitized Driving Assessments with TCS iON Cert-n-Edge, Listing Portal for jobs.
- The entire digitization process will enable skilling potential candidates even from the remote areas and is expected to enhance employment opportunities with listed job portals, upskill the workforce through online trainings.
-The digital transformation will ensure Secure and Transparent Assessments and certifications, Industry Certified Skills, 100% elimination of manipulations in Part B (Practical) assessments, Standardized Course Content and provide holistic view of Training Partners and their infrastructure.
- E&Y shared its insight on automotive skill gap study. The speaker detailed on the process update by E&Y to bridge the gap.
Who all attended the session?
The attendees of the Forum consisted of ASDC training partners including the Automobile OEMs, Automotive Component Manufacturers, and Individual Training Partners.
The event progressed towards the end with a round of panel discussion where industry partners shared their expectations from ASDC certified candidates.
(Photo Caption Left to Right:- Arindam Lahiri CEO at Automotive Skills Development Council – India, Director General at Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), A K Tomer, Executive Director, Corporate Planning, Maruti Suzuki, Nikunj Sanghi, Chairman, ASDC and Raman Sharma, Director, Honda Cars India Ltd.)
Nikunj Sanghi, Chairman, ASDC, during the concluding part of the event said, "It is imperative for us to keep pace with the dynamic shifts in the landscape of the Indian Automotive Industry, where skilling plays a very important role. We need to focus on imparting skills, which are at par with the industry standards. But it will only be possible when the entire process is well refined and is led by successful mentors. This, if possible, will make young professionals ready for the challenges and demands of the industry.’’
What is ASDC?
Automotive Skill Development Corporation (ASDC) is the first sector skill council set up by NSDC to oversee the regulation of skill development initiatives within automotive industry. ASDC aims to skill and certify 25 million youth in a period of next 10 years. Automotive Skills Development Council is a joint initiative of Government of India, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA) and Federation of Automobile Dealers Association (FADA).
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.