Yankees in talks with Amazon, Sinclair to bid for Yes Network: WSJ
The New York Yankees are in talks with Amazon.com Inc
The baseball team, which owns 20 percent of Yes, has also been talking to other potential partners, including cable and satellite TV provider Altice USA and RedBird Capital, about buying the remaining 80 percent stake from Walt Disney Co
Disney is seeking a valuation of $5 billion to $6 billion for Yes Network, according to the report, adding that the talks are still in early stages and a partnership with either Amazon or Sinclair isn`t guaranteed.
Disney, which is buying Twenty-First Century Fox Inc`s
Sinclair and Yankees were not immediately available for comment, while Amazon declined to comment.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.