- IRDAI sets a target of 5 years for life insurance companies for greater penetration; proposes state-level committee
- Dalal Street Corner: Bank, FMCG stocks help Nifty clear crucial hurdle of 15,800; what should investors do on Tuesday?
- Despite windfall tax, brokerages remain bullish on oil & gas stocks; see up to 70% upside on ONGC, Oil India
- Rupee settles flat at 78.94 against US dollar
- Akasa Air showcases crew uniform; conducts proving flight test
Verizon adds more phone subscribers than expected in fourth quarter
Verizon Communications Inc on Tuesday beat Wall Street estimates for net new phone subscribers who pay a monthly bill, adding 650,000 customers in the fourth quarter.
The largest U.S. wireless carrier was expected to add 355,600 new subscribers, according to research firm FactSet.
The company has been investing heavily in its next generation 5G network, which will become the backbone of its largest business.
Verizon said in December it was working with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to launch 5G enabled smartphones in the first half of 2019.
The company added a total of 1.2 million retail postpaid customers in the quarter, Verizon said at the Citi 2019 Global TMT West investor conference. This was above the average analyst estimate of 800,600 net additions.
Shares of the company rose about 3.5 percent to $58.69, making it one of the top gainers on the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Verizon is expected to report fourth-quarter results on Jan. 29.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.