- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
UBI gets SEBI approval for Rs 1,000-cr equity issue via QIP
State-owned lender United Bank of India today said it has received market regulator SEBI's approval for issue of equity shares worth Rs 1,000 crore by way of institutional placement.
The Kolkata-headquartered bank had in January informed the bourses it planned to raise up to Rs 1,500 crore through qualified institutional placement (QIP), rights or public issue.
The lender had raised Rs 127.49 crore through sale of shares to qualified institutional investors in May.
The bank approved allotting over 5.49 crore shares to qualified institutional buyers at issue price of Rs 23.22 per share, it had said in a regulatory filing.
UBI had earlier said it plans to raise up to Rs 500 crore of Basel III-compliant listed additional tier-I debt instruments in the nature of bonds.
The lender would seek approval for this amount from its board, which is scheduled to meet on December 6.
At the same meeting, the bank also proposes to get the board's nod for issue of five crore equity shares in the form of ESOPs/ESPs in one or more tranches.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.