- Policybazaar system vulnerabilities exposed customers' personal details, says this report
- Government removes cap on airfares with effect from 31 August
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4, Watch 5 series, Buds 2 Pro revealed - price, India availability, specs and more
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 2022 bookings open; Check token amount and how to book online
- DSP Silver ETF – 5 things to know about this NFO from minimum investment amount to issue closing date
Trump: December's stock market fall a 'glitch,' shares to rise again
U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday played down the stock market`s drop at the end of 2018, calling it a "glitch" and saying the market will again go up once various trade deals are settled.
U.S. stocks started the new year down more than 1 percent on Wednesday, as weak data in Asia and Europe reinforced fears of a global economic slowdown while the U.S. government shutdown dragged on.
By early afternoon, though, stocks had turned positive, with the three major U.S. market indexes higher.
Trump, speaking to reporters at a cabinet meeting, sounded upbeat about negotiations to reach a trade deal with China, saying they are coming along very well.
The United States and China are about one month into a 90-day pause in implementing tariffs and other measures in a trade war that dominated much of 2018, as they work on hammering out a deal.
U.S. trade deals with Canada and Mexico also await congressional approval.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.