- Residential demand upbeat despite construction cost, interest rate rise; brokerage picks DLF, Oberoi Realty among top 4 bets
- Copper Set to Post Worst Quarterly Performance in Over 2 Years
- Maruti Suzuki Brezza 2022: Launch today! Check key highlights; live streaming link here
- Nothing Phone 1 confirmed to come with Snapdragon 778G+ SoC on July 12 - Know more
- Ratnamani Metals bonus share: Stock jumps 15%, hits 52-week high ahead of record date
Trump administration to end fuel economy talks with California - official
The Trump administration has decided to end negotiations with California over plans to roll back fuel economy rules, a government official confirmed on Wednesday.
The California Air Resources Board has been meeting with officials from the White House, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and federal Transportation Department over Trump administration efforts to stop California from tightening vehicle emissions rules in the state.
The official, asked about a report by the Daily Caller News Foundation, offered no further details and it was not immediately clear when an announcement would be made that negotiations had ended.
California and 19 other states have demanded the Trump administration abandon a proposal to freeze fuel efficiency standards after 2020 and strip California of the ability to impose stricter rules.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.