- Mahindra & Mahindra stock hits 52-week high as brokerages bullish on counter post Scorpio-N launch; check target prices
- GST Council meet begins today: Know agendas of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's led two-day meeting
- Security deposit on commercial LPG connection goes up by Rs 1050 for 19-kg cylinder; check new rates
- Cash-starved Sri Lanka to end fuel duopoly to ease fuel shortages
- Xiaomi 12S series set to launch with Leica cameras on July 4: Check key details here
Small ice cream manufacturers demand inclusion in composition scheme
Leaders from various non-BJP parties Monday extended support to the demand of small ice cream manufacturers that they be included in composition scheme under the goods and services tax (GST) regime.
Leaders including P C Chacko from the Congress, Sanjay Singh (AAP), Manoj Jha (Rashtriya Janata Dal) attended a meeting of the All India Small Scale Ice Cream Manufactures Association, and extended support to their demand.
The central government has kept the ice cream businesses as small cottage industry in the larger slab of GST (18 per cent) which is "wrong", said Punit Manchanda, chief patron of the Association .
He said the ice cream business should be brought back in GST composition scheme.
The composition scheme is meant for taxpayers whose turnover is less than Rs 1 crore.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.