- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
Siemens to separate struggling power and gas division
Siemens on Tuesday said it would spin off its power and gas business, separating the business which has dragged on the Germany engineering company`s performance due to collapsing demand for gas turbines amid the rise of renewable power.
Siemens said the new business would create a "major player" on the energy market with business volume of 30 billion euros and over 80,000 employees.
The business, which includes the company`s oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses, is to be carved out with the aim of a subsequent public listing planned to take place by September 2020, Siemens said.
In addition, Siemens AG plans to contribute its majority stake in the market-leading renewable energies company SGRE – currently 59 percent – to Gas and Power.
Last week Reuters, citing sources familiar with the matter, reported that Siemens was considering carving out its Gas and Power unit.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.