- Navratna SIP on Zee Business: BUY Electrosteel Castings share - check price target
- Rupee Vs Dollar: Former CEA K.V. Subramanian explains INR's fall versus greenback; when will USD appreciation stop?
- Croma: Apple iPhone 13 available at Rs 51,990, Apple Watch SE at Rs 27,900 - How to get this deal
- Multibagger stocks: Pondy Oxides, Ram Ratna Wires share price drops 5% ahead of turning ex-bonus tomorrow | Details
- Nirmala Sitharaman criticises states seeking more funds, says 'You Me' culture won't work
Rupee falls by 17 paise against US dollar in early trade
The rupee depreciated by 17 paise to 65.11 against the US dollar in early trade at the interbank forex market today on foreign fund outflows.
The rupee opened lower at 65.08 per dollar against previous close of 64.94 per dollar. It dropped further to hit a low of 65.11 per dollar in morning session.
A currency trader said increased demand for the US currency from importers and banks and losses in domestic equity market weighed on the rupee.
However, the dollar trading weak against some currencies overseas on likely delay in the implementation of a major corporate tax cut limited the rupee losses, traders said.
Yesterday, the rupee had firmed up by a modest two paise to end at 64.94 against the US currency in a quiet trade on mild dollar selling by banks and exporters in the face of subdued overseas sentiment.
The benchmark BSE Sensex was quoting 56.58 points, or 0.17 per cent, down at 33,194.35 in early trade.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.