- Syrma SGS Technology IPO: Issue filled 37% on Day 1; should you subscribe? Anil Singhvi suggests this
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4 price in India revealed - Pre-booking, offers and specifications
- Har Ghar Tiranga campaign: Over 30 crore National Flags sold; CAIT says business worth Rs 500 crore generated
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee death anniversary: Remembering the poet Prime Minister of India
- From Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's portfolio: 5 Tata Group stocks that made him ace investor
RBI governor meets NBFC representatives
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das Friday met representatives of NBFCs to discuss liquidity and other issues facing the sector.
A high-level delegation of Assocham met the RBI Governor here to highlight the issues on liquidity being faced by non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) and housing finance companies (HFCs), the industry chamber said in a statement.
The industry chamber demanded permitting systematically important NBFCs to accept public deposits.
It also made a case for reducing minimum holding period to three months for loans having maturity of 2-5 years and changing MUDRA norms for refinancing NBFCs, among other demands.
The NBFC sector has been under a cloud since infrastructure-focused lender IL&FS started defaulting on loans in late August.
The lender owes over Rs 55,000 crore to banks out of its over Rs 91,000 crore of group level debt.
(This article has not been edited by Zeebiz editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.